Saturday, March 3, 2012

Teacher

I never thought I could be a teacher. well in fact, I am one now.
Its weird in the beginning, as I know my patience is quite limited. Also I dont like public presentation, I get panic all the time.
But i am doing surprisingly well. Its weird, too.
Coming to Morgantown may be a right choice. I feel good about myself. I mean seriously, I have never been so confident before.

But given a second thought, I have nothing to be proud of. I am older - all my fellow TAs are at least 1 year younger. I have been studying statistics for years - I dont see a point of being happy about doing good in something that I already knew.

As of teaching, I guess sometimes we just have to pretend that we are really teachers.

I feel myself slowly losing passion. I can settle for a boring job, I can stand a life without going out for years, I am living in a small town with no close friends.

I miss Singapore so much. But I guess no life is perfect. We just have to have faith - that a better tomorrow is coming.

No comments: