Friday, June 18, 2010

Risk management

If you are ever in a nice and friendly small company, you just wanna spend your life in small companies like this. It is just much easier and more comfortable than big firms.
I have 2 super funny bosses, one lady officer i report to which is smart, hardworking, extremly helpful and nice, and other 2 new collegues which are just so understanding and warm. I feel like working together with a bunch of friends.

Yesterday boss was talking to me about the project he was going to ask me to do, about risk management. It is not those complicated stuff we learn from school, no maths model, just common sense and put them in a systematic way. Everybody knows there is risk, what is important is whether you can identify it and how u gonna handle it. He talked talked talked, and dunno how he started to tell me story about Nick Leeson and the Barings bank. I am just a totally new comer in finance industry and knowing nothing about the industry I am currently in.
Anyway, I feel the learning process in small company is rewarding and yet interesting. I dun have the fear of my boss like the other fresh grad do, I dun need to face the stress and pressure from the company itself because we are on the same boat.

If I have to stuck in Sg right now, maybe it is the best place for a person like me to work.

No comments: